REFLECTOR: Fuel Line Fittings

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Mon Jun 13 20:50:05 CDT 2005

Ronnie
If the flex line is connected to the engine then before it connects
to the bulkhead fitting I would have it secured to something
(firewall, engine mount) with a good adel clamp. The vibration would
be attenuated. i think the engine heat on the AL fittings probably
also contributes to failures. Maybe this is all a urban legend thing
I was taught long ago, in a place far away No but maybe some of the
A&P's could spek on the hardware requirement.
I think the main issue is to isolate the fitting from vibration loads; and
do not over-torque.  Aluminum is not very resistant to fatigue failure.  I
guess we now know that steel is not failure proof either.

Al