REFLECTOR: Fuel Line Fittings

Jack Sheehan j.f.sheehan at larc.nasa.gov
Mon Jun 13 17:20:11 CDT 2005

Ronnie
If the flex line is connected to the engine then before it connects
to the bulkhead fitting I would have it secured to something
(firewall, engine mount) with a good adel clamp. The vibration would
be attenuated. i think the engine heat on the AL fittings probably
also contributes to failures. Maybe this is all a urban legend thing
I was taught long ago, in a place far away No but maybe some of the
A&P's could spek on the hardware requirement.
How bout you Mack?
--
Jack Sheehan
Executive Director