REFLECTOR: Accident at Venice Airport FL.

Burt Kellerman burtvelo at comcast.net
Wed Jun 8 06:58:37 CDT 2005

I just thought I give you all a heads-up, on my fuel starvation accident yesterday.

About 9:30 AM at the Venice Fl airport, I lost fuel pressure and the engine quit

after take-off. At about 400 ft it just sputtered and stopped. I made a 180, and

was lucky to land gear-up on the grass runway over-run.  No injuries except my ego.

Unfortunately the bird skidded tail first into a chain-link fence.  The wings are

in bad shape but the rest of the plane looks O.K. ???   I know we should not

make a turn that close to the ground, but the other options were water.

Just another kudu for the incredible gliding ability of Velocity aircraft !!

Burt Kellerman     N27BK  173RG