REFLECTOR: Vortilions and/or VG's?

Jack Sheehan j.f.sheehan at larc.nasa.gov
Wed Jul 20 10:06:50 CDT 2005

Yes I forgot about sealing the aileron gap. That makes a big
difference. When I first sealed the gaps by tape on the upper surface
I was using a white tape. On an approach for landing I heard a pop
and felt an abrupt change in aileron control. I did not realize it at
the time but the tape came off one wing and it was really noticable.
I now use a 3M clear duct tape that has a reinforcing thread in it (
bought in Lowe's) this stuff has been on for about two years a works
great.
--
Jack Sheehan
Executive Director