REFLECTOR: Franklin Starter

MikeWatsonSpg at cs.com MikeWatsonSpg at cs.com
Wed Jul 13 13:27:43 CDT 2005

John,

If you bought your engine from ATLAS MOTORS, you definitely should
change to a skytech

For six years I have had the same problem turning over the engine when hot.
Remember, the compression ratio on a Franklin is 10.5 to 1, therefore it
needs
globs of power and a high torque starter to turn over.

The procedure I use to start is, first hit the start button for two seconds
then
release, wait 15 seconds the press and hold the start button in for four
seconds.

If the engine dose not start, wait a couple of minutes and repeat the
procedure.
Works every time, even with a weak battery.

Regards,

Mike W.