REFLECTOR: Canard Cover and cowl attachment system

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Thu Jul 7 20:16:54 CDT 2005

Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Canard Cover and cowl attachment system

How about adding a second, inside flange on the fuselage such that the front
end of the cowl fits in between two flanges and no fasteners are needed?
Are fasteners necessary for structural support?

John

I did that for the top cowl; however, with the slightly over 1" cowl flange
I found that the slant of the fuselage at the top precluded easy slip-in,
slip-out.  I then chose to take a portion of the inner flange back off
across the top and put in three screws for secure attachment.  (I'm 6' 4" so
I can reach them.)  You could just shorten the flange, and it should work
fine.  Used screws for the bottom cowl to fuselage.

Al