REFLECTOR: EGT Temps

John Dibble aminetech at bluefrog.com
Thu Jul 7 10:44:45 CDT 2005

Sorry for taking so long to reply, but I just got busy with other
things.  I have checked and my EGTs are strapped on.  I have also found
the problem.  The TC junction appears to be corroded (galvanic corrosion
from the exhaust pipe?) with a big deposit at the junction.  Also one of
the wires was corroded in two.
Can I repair the junction?  I recall in college lab we made TCs by arc
welding two dissimilar wires together.  I would prefer soldering if that
is possible.
My wires have a plastic type coating.  Is that a problem if I drill a
hole in the exhaust and insert the TC?

Thanks,
John