REFLECTOR: AWLgrip Painting Result

Alex Balic alex157 at pwhome.com
Wed Jul 6 23:35:06 CDT 2005

The problem with the gravity feed guns is that you can not shoot the
paint onto a surface that faces the ground- not a problem in a car but a
big one on an aircraft-  the siphon guns are a little better, but still
the only way to get the paint to shoot onto the lower surfaces properly
(at a 90 degree angle) is to use the pressure fed (separate tank) guns-
they come in regular and HVLP styles. You could also use a high
pressure system, which pumps the paint to the spray head at about
1000psi and atomizes it with this pressure alone, but the finish is
definitely  below par.