REFLECTOR: Water in the ducts & firewall integrity

Keith Hallsten KeithHallsten at quiknet.com
Tue Jul 5 22:01:15 CDT 2005

Jeff,

I installed the fiberfrax and SS sheet on the firewall today, and I intend
to seal all around the perimeter of the SS with RTV (or something similar)
to try to keep all liquids from contaminating the fiberfrax.

I'm not a big fan of the duct arrangement in the Velocity, both from the
wash water/rainwater/fuel leak point of view as well as the serious
compromise to the integrity of the firewall.  I think I'll put in some small
drains, but I'll also make a serious attempt to seal up the ducts at the
firewall, around the tubes and wire bundles.  It remains to be seen how much
success I'll have with that effort!

Keith Hallsten, XLFG