REFLECTOR: Water in the ducts....

Jeffrey Clough jclough at gci.net
Mon Jul 4 02:49:38 CDT 2005

OK...I have read all the posts about water in the ducts.....There is a
BIG question I have: Perhaps y'all read my posts about filling my tanks
with green water and finding leaks all through my floor boards.......if
water collects in your ducts it could /*as easily */collect in the foam
of *YOUR* floor.......WHAT happens when it FREEZES?   Delamination? I
would expect so.....
  I put heat lamps on my floor boards for a WEEK and tonight drilled
test holes and found WATER.(I finally found the source of my leak was a
vent line I had to put in to the right tank as a retrofit for the newer
sump tank and vent system...).....I finally drilled a HUNDRED holes
through the fuselage to let water out and it WAS coming out...of a LOT
of the holes...now I plan on letting the lights shine for some time
before sealing all of the holes AND putting holes in the ducts where I
can....I think it would be a GREAT idea to paint the area under your
ducts (before assembly) AND put drains in SEVERAL spots BEFORE glassing
the ducts in!!!!  Does this make anyone else sweat a little?     J
Clough      173 RG clamshell