REFLECTOR: Painting with Awlgrip

Ron Brown romott at adelphia.net
Sun Jul 3 13:09:39 CDT 2005

Hi Bob,

Great info about the recoating.  Sure enough, the underside of my canard
came out with lots of orange peel due to the paint gun nozzle sputtering
from not being clean.

I went to the parts store and got a can of Airplane Remover - paint stripper
and soaked the air head/nozzle for 10 minutes.  Then rinsed it off with
water and dried with air.  Just like new again.

I will scuff the canard and reshoot it.  Glad to hear that I don't have to
take all the paint off - just scuff and shoot another coat.

Did you get to shoot your fuselage?

Tuesday is supposed to be a lower humidity day so I'll be shooting the
bottom of the left wing - first big area so I'm looking forward to seeing if
I am making any progress learning to shoot the Awlgrip.

Ronnie