REFLECTOR: Fuel Flow Sensor

NMFlyer1 at aol.com NMFlyer1 at aol.com
Fri Jul 1 09:36:33 CDT 2005

Al,

Again, I appreciate your input. It is always best to have an extra margin of
safety when going off on a project like this.

The FloScan sensor is a rotary counting mechanism. Similar to a big
paddlewheel, the flowing fuel spins a wheel, that is counted. They say that the unused
area of the wheel (IE, the wheel well that is next to the electrical counting
device) be pointed up. This is supposed to avoid air being trapped in that
well.  Not only would that cause erratic readings, but would be another air
pocket and potential vapor lock area.

Brian,

True on the O2 sensors!  That is another reason I don't have any.:)

Thanks again all.... Kurt