REFLECTOR: Rudders on lower winglet

Hiroo Umeno humeno at microsoft.com
Tue Jan 25 17:07:09 CST 2005

Hello folks!

There seems to be two schools of thoughts on the lower winglet and the
treatments of the rudders.  I have SUV (standard wing).

I received the pre-molded lower winglet with my kit.  They are hollow
fiberglass pieces that will fit below the wing tip.  I have seen some
photographs of Velocities that have rudders that extend to the lower
portion of the winglet.  I have also seen some that stops at the wing
bottom and the lower winglet is entirely fixed in place.

What is the community consensus on this subject?

Hiroo