REFLECTOR: Insurance

Jack Sheehan j.f.sheehan at larc.nasa.gov
Tue Jan 25 11:17:00 CST 2005

Just another data point on insurance. I currently have insurance
through Falcon ( Global Aerospace) $150 K Hull standard on Liability
and Medical ($1 million/100,000 and $10,000 med).My initial year had
a $1000 deductible and that was removed the second year. I asked if
it was possible to reduce the premium by having the deductible but
the answer was no . I am paying $3200 a year as a high time
comm/multi instrument 300+ in Velocity pilot.
I recently asked AUA (Pam) for a quote. They quoted $3700 with $1000
deductible. The liability was only $465. The Hull is a killer.
Falcon (Global) had a clause in the policy which required initial or
recurrent factory training I think this was just left over from the
initial policy or was something they were trying to put in. I squaked
about it and confirmed the factory did not offer recurrent training
so they removed it.
Word of advice read the policy carefully. It probably contains
territory limits. Mine says it is OK in the Bahamas but if I go to
the next island Turks and Caicos it is No.
I do not have any problem with Falcon they seem to do a good job but
it is no bargain so I was doing a little shopping.
--
Jack Sheehan
Executive Director