REFLECTOR: Landing Light

Tom & Mo Falls thefalls at athenet.net
Wed Jan 19 18:04:33 CST 2005

I've settled on installing the landing light in the nose. What is the current thinking on the angle relative to level?The light holder from the factory ends up about 5 to 6 degrees down when pushed as far forward as it will go. Assuming a height of 3 ft (landing gear not installed, so ???) , the center of the beam would be pointed at the ground 28 ft ahead of the nose when taxiing. Seems too close but maybe it's great for landing. What is the recommendation from those flying?