REFLECTOR: Off Topic - Internet problem

Bob Hassel bob at hassel-usa.com
Wed Jan 12 20:02:08 CST 2005

Agreed - same background - ME Sucks - lot's of reasons.

Now how to fix the problem:

What you're describing sounds like your machine is infected with spyware or
mal-ware.  ME is ugly and support is weak.  Going backwards won't help.  Try
the methods below.

Microsoft has a mal-ware tool in Beta available for download off of their
web site for free.

Also check out Spybot (free) http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html.

There are others such as Ad-aware (a free edition)
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/

You'll be surprised how much junk these will find on your system. Even those
that think their machines are clean might be surprised.

Cruising the internet is a lot like safe sex, if you're not wearing 12
layers of protection you're probably in trouble and film will be shown at
11.

Bob Hassel