REFLECTOR: Off Topic - Internet problem

John Dibble aminetech at bluefrog.com
Wed Jan 12 15:07:11 CST 2005

Sorry to bother you guys with this, I just need someone to point me in the right
direction.  This past year I bought a new laptop with Windows XP.  When I connect to
the internet, the computer relentlessly sends data.  I don't know what's being sent,
or to whom, or how to stop it.  It seems to take priority over what I want to do and
it can take me several minutes just to retrieve or send one email.  I don't have this
problem on my older computer with Windows ME.  I would like to put Windows ME on the
laptop, but was told that loading Windows ME on the laptop might result in hardware
conflicts.  Any suggestions.  Thanks

John