REFLECTOR: High temps

Jim & Sharon Beck jsbeck at charter.net
Tue Jan 11 22:28:31 CST 2005

   I have a 173 RG that was completed in 2001 and then not flown until recently and since I did not build it my questions may seem simple to you more experienced builders & pilots. It has a newly rebuild IO 360 A1B6 that now has about 10 hours on it. The 2 front cylinders are running about 425 to 450 and the oil tem is running about 225 at cruise.  Should I be considering a second oil cooler or might these temps come down as it breaks in. These a winter time temperatures so it seems when summer comes I'll be over redline. Anyone help on this or thoughts would be appreciated.
  Jim