REFLECTOR: OIL SEPARATOR

Tom Martino tmartino at troubleshooter.com
Sat Jan 8 14:10:51 CST 2005

I have been in touch with the chaps is England and France who built a
Velocity 173 Elite RG ... in the exact configuration as mine (IO-540, MT
4-Bldae Prop).  They answered a ton of questions and said it was as
stable as a rock - even at the aft CG limit.  Our W&B is very similar.

One thing they brought up that they said I should do ... so I'm asking
if anyone knows where to get it.

They said they mounted an oil separator on the firewall for the
crankcase breather.  I was just going to have a straight hose out the
crankcase breather thru the bottom cowling.  They said that would be
messy.

They said the separator they have works wonderful and they got it
through the Velocity factory.  Does anyone know where to find it?