REFLECTOR: N number

Dave Black dvblack at comcast.net
Sat Jan 8 02:04:00 CST 2005

Noel,

> Does anybody know anything of "AERO RECORDS"
> Do these people have a "knack" for requesting N numbers just
> before someone else wants them, Or are they scamming online requests?

I've never heard of "Aero Records", but their timing is simply too close to be
coincidental. I'd guess they are expecting you to pay them a fee to release
the number. I've seen similar 'services' being offered for web site addresses.

It was a decade ago, but I reserved my N-number directly through the FAA.
Unless the FAA no longer accepts direct requests, I'd do the same today. I
would not go through a third party due to fear of exactly what happened to
you.

Dave Black
Shortwing RG