REFLECTOR: MODIFICATIONS

Andy Millin amillin at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 5 01:37:09 CST 2005

After studying the deep stall problem, Danny designed leading edge
extensions, "cuffs", for the wings.  This was a quick fix for flying
aircraft.  They went on the main wing only and I believe toward the outboard
portion of the wing.  They could be added to a completed wing without major
surgery.  They did what they were designed to do, but as Doug said, they
looked funky.

After more review, I believe the factory had decided not to include them in
the kit.  If you do your home work and make sure your plane is flying in CG,
don't fly unapproved maneuvers (hammerhead, etc.), then a deep stall is very
hard to induce.

There used to be "cuffs" on the elevator as well.  I believe their purpose
was to make a more docile landing though.