REFLECTOR: FUEL GAUGE MYSTERY

KeithHallsten KeithHallsten at quiknet.com
Sun Jan 2 20:35:52 CST 2005

Tom,

As instrumentation goes, you can't get any simpler than a sight gauge.  I suspect that you just have a bubble trapped in the sight glass by surface tension.  If it hasn't corrected itself by seepage overnight, probably a few touch and goes will provide enough agitation to do the trick.  All this, of course, assumes that the tank in question is actually full!

Keith