REFLECTOR: fuel feed - my solutions

Brett Ferrell bferrell at 123mail.net
Mon Feb 28 21:13:58 CST 2005

Keith -

I was under the impression that Jim didn't think that the tank would be
under vacuum if there was no venting, and the below are several relevant
sites that show this is, in fact, the case, whether there is a pump attached
or not.  Once you get past the question of whether the tank would be subject
to vacuum or not, the question of whether the check valve helps becomes
trivial.  Any atmospheric pressure versus near vacuum will open the valve,
so I consider it relevant.

Brett