REFLECTOR: fuel feed - vent system - correction

Scott Baker sbakr at comcast.net
Mon Feb 28 17:11:45 CST 2005

Hello Ronnie, All -
The former vent and fuel system featured barbed type, flexible fuel and vent
lines and hose clamps - which have been changed in favor of 0.375" diameter
vent lines and hard (Aluminum) lines and AN-type aircraft fittings.  The
vent manifold, once a block of Aluminum that was drilled into a 4-way
manifold, was replace by an off-the-shelf AN-fitting in the shape of a
"cross".  An alternate fuel-vent check valve, the subject of discussion on
the Reflector, was added so that it could be installed inside the fuselage
so that fuel odors (and fuel vapor) don't enter the cabin area.  I can't
think of other recent changes.  Do you see anything else?
Scott B.