REFLECTOR: fuel feed - my solutions

Brett Ferrell bferrell at 123mail.net
Sun Feb 27 16:25:32 CST 2005

As soon as the pump pulls some fuel out of the sump with a blocked vent
line, the check valve will open and vent some air into the tanks.  1
atmosphere versus vacuum will open nearly any check valve.  I've done some
process safety work and seen industrial tanks collapsed from under-pressure,
and I think it would be foolish not to install the factory-recommended check
valve and allow your tanks to routinely run under vacuum.

Brett