REFLECTOR: electrical sys design

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Thu Feb 24 23:29:02 CST 2005

I'll add a similar P.S as Kurt did.  I have the "critical" feed fed by both
batteries before the master switches, with Schottky diode isolation so the
failure of either battery circuit will not compromise power to the critical
bus.

Al

PS,

 If I turn off my "Master" Switch, all it leaves me is what I term critical
Power. That will allow me (in the event of smoke or such):

Ignitions,

Fuel Pumps,

Gyros,

Alternator Field,

Panel Lights,

Backup Guages (volts, oil P&T, Water Temp.)

I can pull breakers on lots of that if I have to.

If I turn off the key and/or the battery Main switch, Everything goes off.

In the event of an electrical problem, I can slowly pull/shut off items as
necessary and have all the electric loads listed.

Kurt