REFLECTOR: electrical sys design

NMFlyer1 at aol.com NMFlyer1 at aol.com
Thu Feb 24 23:14:11 CST 2005

Don't ya just love the experimental ideas and freedom!!

I have only 1 alternator, but 2 seperate batteries that are connected to a
common buss.
They are isolated in case of failure, and so is the charging system.
I have 1 battery in the nose, and one just in front of the gear bulkhead.
According to my numbers, weight and ballance should be just right.
I chose this system because in using the Aluminum 4.3L Chevy in my 173, I
have an all electric system. If I lose any 2 of the 3 electric supplies
(batteries or alternator) I have a minumum of 2.5 hours of power (half the rated
reserve).

There are too many details to list here, but the thought and effort that
people put into their Velocities is truly impressive, regardless of the personal
preferences.

I can hardly wait to actually fly this thing to a nice Velocity get together.

Wiring away,

Kurt Winker
173 FGE
340 HP Aluminum Chevy.