REFLECTOR: Headset and mic jacks

Jack Sheehan j.f.sheehan at larc.nasa.gov
Thu Feb 24 15:49:53 CST 2005

Al,
The location in the keel that others have suggested works great.
Having all four of the plugs located in the same area (two on each
side does make wiring easy.
As for the recessed box Radio Shack has a great recessed box they
sell for speaker input jacks. You can buy four speaker input boxes ,
remove the jacks that are there and replace with the larger headset
jacks. You need to run a little larger drill thru the existing holes
to fit the microphone jacks. They are a nice black plastic finish.
screw in using nut plates. I mounted mine right next to each other
but if I did it again I might leave a little space in between the two
on each side of the keel. Just for appearance.
Here is the web site for the recessed box
http://www.radioshack.com/category.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5F011%5F003%5F001%5F012&Page=1
The speaker terminal is part 274-630 in the center of the page.
Available on line or in most stores.

--
Jack Sheehan N55XL
Executive Director