REFLECTOR: FUEL FEED - One New Idea

KeithHallsten KeithHallsten at quiknet.com
Mon Feb 21 13:56:45 CST 2005

Jim,

While I certainly agree that a 1/2" line would be less subject to anything that might cause resistance to flow, a 3/8" line is large enough not to be particularly affected by surface tension.  Besides, the phenomena I am talking about is mass flow, not just bubbles working their way up against the prevailing flow.  A "slug" of air headed to one strake is balanced by a "slug" of fuel coming in from the opposite strake.

Upsizing fuel lines can be taken to absurdity - if a 1/2" is better than a 3/8", why not a 1" line?  As has been proven experimentally, a single 3/8" line from one strake will happily provide fuel (by gravity alone) faster that a 300 HP engine can drink it.

Keith