REFLECTOR: Engine Mount Connection

Kufalk kufalk at wi.rr.com
Mon Feb 21 06:47:28 CST 2005

Randy,

I don't know.  I'm not flying yet.  The engine had to be tipped up less than
1 degree to get it to line up.  I've been told it should not make any major
difference to the thrustline.  I've heard of other builders having shimmed
there engines to align the spinner with the cowling after flying awhile to
compensate for the rubber engine mounts sagging, without any problems.  Some
people have argued that it could actually improve takeoff and cruse
performance.

Darrell