REFLECTOR: FUEL FEED

Wayne wowens at darientel.net
Sat Feb 19 19:34:07 CST 2005

Way back when I had my engine on a test stand I used the standard sump for a fuel tank. At first I used the fuel pump in full speed mode all the time.  When operating at levels that didn't require too much fuel the bypassed volume was obviously much greater. The bypassed fuel was fed back into my sump tank. I saw through the clear fuel lines I was using at the time that LOTS of bubbles were coming out of the fuel regulator. I thought at first I had a leak. The phenomena was more like opening a carbonated drink.  Those bubbles filled my sump tank almost half full.  I enlarged the sump tank vent to allow the bubbles to get past the fuel and now run the main fuel pump at a slower speed until I reach higher power levels.
If I had a low level switch back then it would have surely have been flashing.
Wayne