REFLECTOR: FUEL FEED & Vents--blinking warning

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Thu Feb 17 08:26:02 CST 2005

I fly above 10,000 ft all the time. thats not that high in my part of
the country.

Routine flight to SFO is at 12,500 for 4 hours, never had the low sump
warning. Have flown this ands back at 13,500 a lot of times. Made quite
a few at 16.500 and 17,500 also.

One hot turbulent day we were getting slammed around for about 1/2 an
hour,  I was down to 5-7 gallons in the mains, I had the low sump
warning come on momentairily.... I figured it was air coming in when the
tank would unport and not being vented very fast because the tanks were
so low. We were really getting slammed around, continuous moderate,
occasional severe...

Scott