REFLECTOR: FUEL FEED & Vents

KeithHallsten KeithHallsten at quiknet.com
Thu Feb 17 00:56:55 CST 2005

The real question is, "Will that check valve open with a small enough
resistance to flow that the engine will be able to get fuel?"

I suspect that it will, as long as the fuel system is arranged so that the
fuel pump suction is applied through the strake fuel tank(s) and on to the
check valve through the vent system.  However, if only the gravity head of
the fuel tank is applied, I think that the odds of getting any flow into the
check valve (and therefore fuel out of the tank) is small indeed.  Has
anyone actually tested what pressure difference across the check valve is
necessary to open it?