REFLECTOR: FUEL FEED

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Tue Feb 15 10:18:29 CST 2005

A leaking gas cap can cause uneven fuel flow but is not the prime
culprit. A bit of fuel valve lube applied to the O ring once a year will
insure this doesn't happen.

A miss-rigged airplane is most likely the cause. Shim your rudders so
the ball is right in the middle and you will get perfect fuel flow.

To test, be sure your turn and bank is installed correctly first,
garbage in garbage out. Then fly, this is the fun part.. Once you see an
uneven condition, press on the rudder that will put the ball in the
middle. If you want to even up the tanks fast, press on the correct
rudder so the ball is on the other side for a couple minutes, you'll see
the fuel even up and even go into the opposite imbalance if you keep the
rudder depressed. Then hold the rudder so the ball is centered, fuel
will flow as it was designed to.

Scott