REFLECTOR: FUEL FEED

Tom Martino tmartino at troubleshooter.com
Sun Feb 13 13:53:38 CST 2005

Well, now that I'm in my test flying mode ... I will really be asking a
lot of questions.

Here are some of them, as they relate to my fuel system:

1.  What makes the fuel tanks feed unevenly to the header tank/engine?
(My right tank is feeding twice as fast as my right tank.)

2.  Will that cause a problem when the fast-feeding tank runs out?

3.  I used the larger vent lines for my tanks and tied them al together
with a manifold, then vented the entire system out through the top of my
firewall in the engine compartment (about four inches below my naca
duct).  Do you think the system gets enough venting there?

4.  Is there a need for a "whistle" hole in any of the tank vents ...
for additional venting (like we do with the crankcase breather?

Any help is appreciated from my more experienced Velocitologists :-)

Tom
N173EX
(A mere 6 hours)