REFLECTOR: Auto Pilots

Christopher Martin christophercmartin at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 13 13:30:30 CST 2005

Kurt,

I was to quick in my earlier assessment and had forgotten how the +/- input
from the GPS could be used to drive the NavAid. As Scott suggests, the
wandering across the course was probably due, to great extent, to the plane
being slightly out of trim. The NavAid is a good, solid, basic controller.
You'll like it and when you want something more, you can sell the NavAid
head on ebay for $400, keep the servo and buy a TruTrak head for $900.
Putting in new equipment and making changes is half the fun of
experimentals.

Happy Flying,

Chris

Christopher Martin
christophercmartin at earthlink.net

to take the wig-wag out of it. I really didn't want/need any more than what
the Navaid does anyway. I like to fly :-)