REFLECTOR: The definitive answer on octane and av-gas

John Dibble aminetech at bluefrog.com
Sun Feb 13 06:55:50 CST 2005

My understanding is that the dual ignition did not compromise power.  Another,
simplier solution which I used was to remove the cylinders and add 2 additional base
gaskets which lowered the compression ratio.  This did reduce power which was only
noticeable during rapid acceleration.  Again, the benefit of dual ignition for
mototcycles, may not apply to aircraft engine, but I would like to explore it.

John