REFLECTOR: Auto Pilots

NMFlyer1 at aol.com NMFlyer1 at aol.com
Sat Feb 12 18:33:13 CST 2005

I have the Navaid devices Auto pilot (and now, thanks to Chris, the ALT hold from Tru Trak).

I have the GNS-430 wired to my main nav head. I have the +/- inputs of that head piggy back wired to the Navaid auto pilot.
Essentially, whatever you have dialed in to the 430 provides course information to the head. That becomes the course information for the Navaid Auto Pilot to follow. So the Navaid will track: VOR, Localizer, GPS courses.

While I am not flying quite yet, Navaid Devices, garmin, and the shop that helped me wire all this says it should work fine. The only thing that was mentioned is that if you are on a GPS course, and make a huge turn at a point in the flightplan, The course tracking to the new leg may be a little out of whack.

This sounds like just what you have with the EZ-Pilot Chris. What am I missing?

By the way Al, I bought my TruTrak Altitude hold from Velocity. They gave me a 5% discount and sent me an extra one of those elevator clamps (like used in the pitch trim system). All you need after that is a piece of Angle to attach the push/pull rod. I should finish up that installation pretty soon.

Kurt Winker