REFLECTOR: Engine Thrust Line

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Sat Feb 12 17:52:10 CST 2005

Subject: REFLECTOR: Engine Thrust Line

I have received a Franklin engine mount from Velocity this week.  This will
be adapted for use as the mount for me Rotary engine.  The current approach
I have in mind to attach the engine to the mount would require raising the
engine centerline 2.5 to 3 inches above the AC centerline.  The mount attach
point would remain in the standard position.  Does anyone see any problems
that might be encountered by raising the engine centerline slightly.

Thanks,

Joe

Joe;

I think the thrust line of is 2” above the AC CL.  As I recall, I mounted to
the firewall just a tad lower specified for the Franklin; a tad being about
½” in this case.  I’m confident that it is within the limits of knowledge of
where the thrust line should be; and I know of Vs flying with thrust line 4”
above CL.

Al