REFLECTOR: Blue Mountain CHT/EGT

Brett Ferrell bferrell at 123mail.net
Sat Feb 12 17:01:04 CST 2005

Tom & other BMA folks,

I'm getting ready to hook up my engine probes, and I've been reading the discussion group and then manual, and I think I've got this sorted out but wanted to check.  The CHT probes are 'resistive' Aerosance units from BMA, and I think I can run these straight to the E/1 with standard aircraft wire.  However, I think the EGT's should be run with thermocouple wire, but I wasn't sure if you could just take the thermocouple wire and crimp it directly into the E/1's analog connector or not??  Thanks for any input.

Brett
www.velocityxl.com