REFLECTOR: Wire (typo?):pissing contest

Laurence Coen lwcoen at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 11 18:04:34 CST 2005

Dave,

Rene' mentioned he was using a RCG battery as in lead acid.  Li-Ion
batteries have a much better power to weight ratio than lead acid batteries.
However, a 900 Amp Hr Li-Ion battery by your spec would still weigh 225 lbs.
What's your point?  Concord probably rejected the deal because they thought
they might have trouble selling a $1,000 + aircraft battery.  The price is
just a wild guess but I do know that the tiny (Li-Ion) battery in my cell
phone sells for $45.

Larry Coen