REFLECTOR: Gearbox alignment

Wayne wowens at darientel.net
Fri Feb 11 11:59:15 CST 2005

Marcotte finally sent me a corrected drawing and by the way admitted that 5
other units were shipped with the 0.020 misalignment like mine had.
We relocated the holes in the bell housing  and  I flew this morning .
Thanks Oscar. It was really pleasant to not hear the garrump garrump noise
that has been bugging me for the last two years. I was able to cruise wide
open for 30 minutes  with no overtemp. Of course its a cold day.
Now if I can design a better air/oil separator to keep the gearbox from
misting  so much oil out the vent...........

Wayne