REFLECTOR: ROLL TRIM

Christopher Martin christophercmartin at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 10 00:36:53 CST 2005

Tom,

I have the roll trim installed, the standard factory servo. I never use it. I have been flying for 560+ hours and ,flat out never use it.

I do however, use my auto pilot all the time. Originally had the Navaid wing leveler and then changed out to the EZ Pilot as made by Trio in San Diego. I only needed to buy the control head as the servo from the Navaid was the same. I'm very happy with the EZ Pilot and recommend it.

I also installed a altitude hold. as made by TruTrak.  It is a single servo connected to my trim spring. I'm also very happy with it. It is a small servo and requires that the plane be perfectly trimmed prior to engaging. But, once it is set up it works perfectly for up to an hour until conditions change enough to warrant a retrim.

Don't waste any effort on the roll trim servo. Spend the money on the Trio auto pilot. That's my recommendation.

www.trioavionics.com/index.htm

http://www.trutrakflightsystems.com/index.html

Chris Martin
Velocity XL RG