REFLECTOR: ROLL TRIM

Tom Martino tmartino at troubleshooter.com
Wed Feb 9 22:55:37 CST 2005

I know this topic has been probably discussed so much ... that it makes
your teeth hurt ... BUT I NEED MORE INPUT!

I installed a really cool roll trim.  It is basically Alex Strong's
servo connection to the aileron bell crank.  It gives a constant spring
tension and snaps back when pushed or pulled against it.

However, I am wondering something.  And I can't answer it because I only
have 6 hours on my plane.

HOW IMPORTANT IS ROLL TRIM ON THE VELOCITY.

No theories please.  I really want to hear from guys who are flying.  Do
you use it?  Really?  Would you miss it?

It seems to be a pain in the a$$ to have constant tension (even light
tension) on the stick.  Has anyone one away with it?

Thanks,

Tom Martino
www.troubleshooter.com <http://www.troubleshooter.com/>