REFLECTOR: Engines and High DA

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Sat Feb 5 17:16:21 CST 2005

Scott;

I'd expect the most effective way to reduce takeoff roll would be going to a
variable pitch prop, no?  For a fixed pitch cruise prop a good portion of
the blade is in stall condition until the speed gets up, and adding more
power would mostly just make more noise.  I'm just guessing here; have no
data.

Al