REFLECTOR: Main LG vibration on braking ...

Ron Brown romott at adelphia.net
Tue Feb 1 15:57:53 CST 2005

This was discussed some time ago.  It seems the FG's don't have a problem,
but many of the RG's do.  Someone suggested tightening the main gear pivot
bolts will reduce/eliminate this.  I have tightened mine as much as I want
without putting undue friction on the system.  I'd rather have the gear
falling freely and put up with some shake.

The bearing areas for the main gear bushings isn't very wide when tightening
the main gear bolts down.  Someone did add some additional surface area or
perhaps bearings to allow tightening down more.

Ronnie Brown
173 Elite RG