REFLECTOR: Engine Monitors

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Wed Dec 21 09:55:04 CST 2005

I had the Vision VM1000  with the annunciator, and flew with it for 450
hours.   I had some issues with it so along with my engine upgrade I'm
installing a GRT 6000 with the Graphical display that can be upgraded to
an EFIS anytime.  I will be mounting the GRT 6000 right in front of the
pilot as an annunciator and aux control panel, the Graphical display
will be in front of the Co-Pilot where the Vision used to be.

The issues I had with the Vision,  unreadable it in bright light or high
contrast situation,   out of limit parameters were set at factory so I
couldn't change them, custom alarm parameters were not available,  their
mark($$) up on sensors is in the 200/300% range(outrageous), could not
silence an alarm condition.  I flew for 4 hours with a low voltage alarm
flashing in my face.  I don't know how many of these issues they have
rectified with the newer version.

Scott