REFLECTOR: Engine Monitors

Scott Baker sbakr at comcast.net
Tue Dec 20 17:17:33 CST 2005

Mike,
You sure know how to open a hornets nest!
Vision Micro and JPI are now under joint ownership - there are many examples of successful and problematic installations of their respective engine monitors.  A successful installation is strongly hinged to the proper installation of the engine sensors and probes (per the manufacturers installation manual).
Electronics International MVP-50 looks great, and I must say - the folks at EI "know their stuff" and they offer great support.  I am very impressed!  Personally, I'd give the MVP-50 a close look, followed by the GRT6000.
Scott B.