REFLECTOR: fuel flow irregularly

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Tue Dec 13 00:43:13 CST 2005

Subject: REFLECTOR: fuel flow irregularly

After 50 hrs. of checking things out and correcting almost every problem I
have read about on the reflector, I now have one more.

This is SRG Franklin/Ivo,

After approx. 20/30 min. at 2300/23lb I get fuel flow that was 10.5 gph
going from 9 to 14.8 and every time you look its diffrent. I turn back for
the airport and the engine will quit completely and start again before I can
hit the boost pump. I throttle back and land.

I have 3/8 fuel lines and 1/2 vent lines and they are clean and worked great
for 50 hrs. what do you think?

I have no idea about your fuel plumbing after the sump tank, but it could be
vapor forming in the line upstream from the fuel flow sender, because of
restriction/hot fuel line.  Does the problem go away if you turn on the
boost pump?

Al