REFLECTOR: Switches

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Tue Dec 13 00:37:22 CST 2005

Subject: REFLECTOR: Switches

Is there a rule on how to wire in switches or the way a circuit is wired ?

 What I mean by that is should the positive side of the battery / current

see the circuit breaker then the switch then the device then back to the
battery .

Yes. The circuit breaker is there to protect the circuit in case of a fault;
so you want the breaker close to the source.

Al

Or would it be ok to wire it with the order of positive side of battery to
device then to the

 switch then the circuit breaker and back to the battery. Or another way

would be to say wire Positive to the breaker then device then switch

 them back to the battery.

Any Help here

To Clear up what I am asking are all of these acceptable ways of wiring? If
not could you tell me why?

A)  +Battery-------------- Device --------------Breaker

B)  +Battery --------------Breaker-------------Device

C)   +Battery----------------Switch --------------Breaker